Position Title: Audio/Visual Specialist
Department/Team: Publications and Digital Media
Period: Part Time (20+ hours/week, no benefits)
Location: Washington, DC
The Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington (AGSIW), launched in 2015, is an independent, nonprofit institution dedicated to increasing the understanding and appreciation of the social, economic, and political diversity of the Arab Gulf states. Through expert research, analysis, exchanges, and public discussion, the institute seeks to encourage thoughtful debate and inform decision makers shaping U.S. policy regarding this critical geostrategic region.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for supporting the Publications and Digital Media team by contributing to the development and production of engaging, innovative, and high-quality audio, video, and graphic content.
Collaborate proactively with all elements of AGSIW as appropriate to:
- Record and edit videos of events, interviews, and special projects; Manage livestream of programs on and off site
- Coordinate the production of and record, edit, and post podcasts
- Conceptualize and create innovative and appealing digital and print graphic content, including infographics
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment and software
- Monitor technological advances and recommend innovative and creative new strategies for content distribution
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of five years of relevant working experience
- 5 years proven experience in audio/video production and graphic design
- Demonstrated experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Audition, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.)
- Proven ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently, and demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask, and work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Technologically adept with strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Comfort with and desire to learn and master new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Web development skills, familiarity with WordPress, HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with and background in Middle East affairs preferred
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume or CV, portfolio or demo reel with at least three samples of work, and contact information for two references to Tyler Rousselle: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications for the position will be considered. Hours and salary to be negotiated.
U.S. citizens or permanent residents only; AGSIW is not able to sponsor work visas for part time positions.
AGSIW is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law. No phone calls please.