Position Title: Audio/Visual Specialist
Department/Team: Publications and Digital Media
Period: Part Time (20+ hours/week, no benefits)
Location: Washington, DC
The Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington (AGSIW), launched in 2015, is an independent, nonprofit institution dedicated to increasing the understanding and appreciation of the social, economic, and political diversity of the Arab Gulf states. Through expert research, analysis, exchanges, and public discussion, the institute seeks to encourage thoughtful debate and inform decision makers shaping U.S. policy regarding this critical geostrategic region.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for supporting the Publications and Digital Media team by contributing to the development and production of engaging, innovative, and high-quality audio, video, and graphic content.
Collaborate proactively with all elements of AGSIW as appropriate to:
- Record and edit videos of events, interviews, and special projects; Manage livestream of programs on and off site
- Coordinate the production of and record, edit, and post podcasts
- Conceptualize and create innovative and appealing digital and print graphic content, including infographics
- Troubleshoot and maintain equipment and software
- Monitor technological advances and recommend innovative and creative new strategies for content distribution
- Other tasks as assigned