The deadline to apply for the Summer 2018 Internship has passed. Check back later for more information on applying for Fall 2018.
Position Title: Program and Digital Media Intern
Department/Team: Programs and Outreach; Publications and Digital Media
Period: May – August 2018
Hours: 20 to 30 hours per week
Location: Washington, DC
The Internship Program at the Arab Gulf States Institute in Washington provides talented students and recent graduates with a three-month (or longer) training opportunity designed to encourage professional and personal development. We encourage out-of-the-box thinking and value fresh perspectives. Interns will receive a monthly stipend.
Interns will be responsible for assisting in outreach efforts, including: contacting embassies, relevant U.S. and foreign government departments, partner NGOs, universities, and other groups in the Middle East and United States to promote AGSIW’s events and activities.
Audio/Visual and Design
Interns with design backgrounds may assist in the creation of program books and fliers for AGSIW events, as well as content for AGSIW’s website.
Interns will track registration, set up for events, check registrants in, take photos, and handle Q&A. Interns will have ample opportunities to interact with event speakers during these events.
Maintain Website and Social Media
Interns may assist in keeping dynamic content related to the programs and publications departments up to date on the AGSIW website. Interns will also add event photos and post scholar articles to AGSIW’s social media accounts and assist in compiling analytics data.
Interns may participate in a variety of research projects to inform upcoming policy events, and content research to be featured on AGSIW’s website. Interns will also occasionally conduct research on key organizational contacts, as well as grant research.
Other tasks as necessary.
- Student enrolled in a relevant graduate or undergraduate degree program or a recent graduate (if you are planning to continue your education within the next six months);
- Background and interest in international relations and the Middle East or the Arab states of the Gulf;
- Strong writing skills, excellent communication abilities, and attention to detail;
- Must be fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic is desirable but not required;
- The ability and drive to perform in a fast-paced international environment;
- PC and MAC literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign); Internet-research savvy;
- Team player, highly motivated, flexible, and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks.
If you are interested in an internship opportunity with AGSIW, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to Tyler Rousselle: email@example.com.
AGSIW is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law. No phone calls please.